Hundreds of happy home chefs agree that this filled pepper recipe may be a winner. it’s been proudly served on dinner tables across America in sight that its first look withinside the Betty Crocker™️ cookbook. And no wonder – even picky eaters love the dish (hint: they flavor sort of a cheeseburger).
- four large sweet peppers (any color)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (at the least 80%)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 1 can (15 oz) Organic Tomato Sauce Muir Glen™️° three/four cup shredded mozzarella cheese (three ounces)
- Heaat oven 350 degrees F .
- Cut a thin slice from the stem quit of every sweet pepper to put off the top of the pepper. Remove seeds and membranes. Rinse the pepper. If necessary, reduce a thin slice from the lowest of every pepper in order that they stand up straight. In a four-quart Dutch oven, add sufficient water to cowl the peppers. Heat till boiling upload pepper. Cook approximately mins sink.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium warmness for eight to ten mins, stirring occasionally, till red meat is brown; sink. Add rice, salt, garlic and a cup of tomato sauce. Cook till hot.
- Stuff the peppers with the red meat mixture. Place peppers upright in an ungreased eight-inch glass baking dish. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the peppers.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 10 mins. Uncover and bake for 15 mins or till peppers are softened. Sprinkle cheese.